NEW!: SHUTTLE RESERVATION/ROOM MATE
The Giens peninsula is a natural paradise located in the commune of Hyères, in the Var department of France. Connected to the mainland by two tombolos, it is surrounded by turquoise seas and white sandy beaches.
The Giens peninsula is also renowned for its exceptional biodiversity. It is home to an ornithological reserve that is home to numerous species of birds, including pink flamingos. The peninsula is also a renowned spot for water sports, such as windsurfing, kitesurfing and scuba diving.
Our venue, the Belambra Club Presqu’île de Giens is a 4-star vacation club located on the Giens peninsula in France. It is surrounded by the Mediterranean and the islands of Hyères, offering an idyllic setting for vacations with family or friends. The club offers a wide range of accommodation, from studios to 2 and 3-bedroom apartments. All accommodation is air-conditioned and has a terrace or balcony with a view of the sea or pine forest.
For our conference, we propose either a single room with individual bathroom or 2 bedroom apartment with share bathroom (so-called « chambre partagée » or shared bedroom).
Access to Belambra Club "Les Criques"
Most flight options will be from Marseille airport at 110 km (MRS airport), but the closest airport to our venue is Toulon airport at 10 km (TLN airport).
NEW!: UPDATE TRAVEL INFORMATION
Giens peninsula is a little remote but can be reached from most locations in Europe in a few hours, by plane or by public transportation. In an eco-friendly attitude, we encourage all who can to use the train or at the least share rides as much as possible if renting a car from Marseille or Toulon.
From an international location: Most flight options from abroad will be to Marseille International Airport at 110 km (MRS airport).
From France: We recommand to take the train. Fast trains (TGV) arrive at Toulon station or Marseille station from many national locations in a few hours with a large choice of schedules. The train stations closest to the hotel venue are Toulon (Toulon TGV) and Hyeres, which are both very easy to reach from Marseille Airport or Marseille central station (named Gare Saint-Charles). Below you will find a table recapitulating the best travel options and their fares.
Please consult the summary table (https://neucrestfinalconference.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/NEUCREST-Conference_transportation_fares.pdf)
There are indications on how to reach the conference site from the main airports and train stations in the area: Marseille airport, Marseille central train station, Toulon station, (Nice airport is not recommanded). Collective transportation (train, vans) and individual options (taxi) are detailed. Preferred options are indicated in green.
Detailed information for local travel by train:
– Use the SNCF website for all train reservations: www.sncf-connect.com or in English https://www.sncf-connect.com/en-en/, but you dont need to do this in advance: local train tickets can also easily be taken shortly before train departure at the station.
– From Marseille Airport: go to Marseille Saint-Charles central station to transfer to a train to Toulon or Hyeres. Buses or local trains depart frequently from the station located 5 min from the airport towards city-centre-located station.
– Take the shuttle (1.20€, departs from bus station platform 5) that will take you from the airport to Vitrolles-Aéroport-Marseille-Provence station. Go to Marseille St Charles station, the go to Toulon station, Hyères station etc.
– From Marseille Saint-Charles Central Station: multiple trains go to Toulon and Hyeres station.
Local train lines from Marseille central station (Trains TER SNCF)
Ligne 01 : Marseille, Toulon, Hyères
Ligne 02 : Marseille, Toulon, Les Arcs/Draguignan
Ligne 06 : Marseille, Toulon, Nice, Ventimiglia
– From Hyeres station: Hotel is reached by a 12 min car ride (10km). Shuttles will be organised (see below). Alternatively you can take bus line 67 from Gare de Hyères to the bus stop Estérel and walk for 14 min to the Belambra club.
Shuttles: on the 3rd and 6th of March, the conference will organise paying vans, upon reservation only, deadline February 5th 2024 at noon:
-> Arrival : on Sunday 3rd of March: We plan 3 pick-up locationsgoing to the hotel: either from Marseille Airport (90€ per person one way, exact fare needed, limited number of seats), from Toulon station (20€ per person one way, exact fare needed) and Hyeres station (20€ per person one way, exact fare needed).
-> Departure: on Wednesday 6th of March: there will be shuttles from the hotel to Hyeres and Toulon train stations (20€ per person one way, exact fare needed, paiement at the hotel only): this will be the fastest and safest way to join your departure locations, avoiding the heavy traffic in the area on a weekday.
If you wish to use a shuttle organized by the conference, for an additional cost (see table), please indicate your travelling times to let us optimize shuttlle schedule. Reservation before Feb. 5th noon is mandatory. Important: prepare the exact fare beforehand (no change will be available). Access to the reservation table is via the link below.